What is Sex Therapy?
Sex therapy is no different than the process of any psychotherapy treatment. We will explore the sexual issues you are experiencing alone or in your relationship, and define possible barriers, inhibitions, and challenges to sexuality. We will discuss ways we can work together toward helpful resolutions and desired outcomes. My goal is to help you have a deeper understanding of yourself and to build resiliency through this process.
What will we Discuss?
- How you define the problem
- Life stressors and circumstances
- Your relationship history (current and past)
- Physiological issues
- Trauma or Abuse
- Your sexual history
- Your family history
- Your goals, hopes and desires in therapy
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SEX THERAPY?
- Improving communication, satisfaction and sexual intimacy with your partner
- Discovering or re-discovering your way back to feeling connected
- Finding your voice in the bedroom
- Deepening the connection with your partner
- Feeling safe in your sexual relationship
- Learning to value your sexual authenticity